What is Sloan Type Limbic?
People high in Neuroticism have persistent feelings of anxiety and concern. They may have trouble controlling their emotions and feel deeply wounded by even little criticism or rejection. Nonetheless, they frequently exhibit remarkable empathy and sensitivity to the feelings of others around them.
Some people could find solace in expressing themselves artistically. They may also take pleasure in meditative or physically restful pursuits.
The pursuit of safety and consistency is what drives them. They may prefer working in environments where they can count on a regular paycheck and have a set schedule. They seek meaningful connections with people and place a premium on openness and honesty.
They may seek help from a therapist or engage in self-care activities like exercise or time in nature to deal with their stress and worry. They need to know that their feelings are understood and accepted since they may battle with self-doubt and self-criticism.
Although people in social settings often display parallel behaviors, it’s critical to understand the underlying causes of an individual’s actions.
Finally, we are more than the sum of our parts; knowing someone’s major attribute might provide us some insight into their conduct, but it is not the whole story. Similar to musical notes, traits may be arranged in a variety of ways. We need to take into account the harmony of our individual qualities while analyzing our personalities.
Ideal Jobs for People High in Neuroticism
While people high in neuroticism may struggle with some aspects of the work environment, there are still many careers that can be both a good fit and good for them.
Here are a few examples:
- Writer: Those who are limbic find that writing provides a healthy release. A lot of authors base their novels and characters on their own feelings and experiences.
- Counselor: limbic people who have processed their emotions and trauma often feel compelled to use their gifts to benefit others and improve the world. Those with a lot of empathy and compassion may find satisfying work as counselors or therapists.
- Researcher: Neurotic persons may thrive in the field of research, as it typically requires them to work alone in a serene setting. Researchers also get to go deep into a topic, which may be rewarding for those who thrive on intellectual challenge and curiosity.
- Artist: Many creative people, including artists, have high levels of neuroticism because they thrive on the intensity of their negative emotions. It’s very uncommon for artists to channel their bad emotions into works of great strength and beauty.
- Social Worker: Help people and make a difference in their lives by becoming a social worker. Although though social workers frequently face stressful situations at work, their strong motivation to aid others might help them persevere.
Poor Job Fits for People High in Neuroticism
While there is no definitive list of careers that would be a poor fit for people high in neuroticism, some jobs may be more challenging for individuals with this personality trait.
Here are some examples:
- Emergency services worker: Firefighters, paramedics, and police officers, among others, frequently face stressful situations where they must act decisively in a short amount of time. Those who are particularly vulnerable to the effects of stress and anxiety may find this particularly trying.
- Salesperson: People with high levels of neuroticism may have trouble succeeding in sales roles since they are demanding, high-stress, and require an outgoing and persuasive personality.
- Air traffic controller: Air traffic controllers must be able to handle high levels of stress and maintain focus for extended periods of time. This can be difficult for individuals who are stress sensitive and may struggle with anxiety.
- Stock trader: Stock trading can be a high-pressure job that requires quick decision making based on market fluctuations. This can be difficult for people who are anxious.
- Chef: Working as a chef can be a very fast-paced and stressful job that requires individuals to work long hours and manage multiple tasks and people at once. This can be challenging for people high in neuroticism.