What Does 7w8 Mean?
The term 7w8 refers to an Enneagram Type Seven personality with a dominant Eight wing, also known as “The Opportunist.” This unique combination of characteristics from both the adventurous and enthusiastic Type Seven and the assertive and independent Type Eight results in a highly energetic and goal-oriented individual.
Enneagram 7w8 individuals possess traits such as intuition, competitiveness, boldness, proactivity, ambition, and a relentless pursuit of mental engagement. These qualities make them remarkable promoters who excel at seizing opportunities that others may overlook.
These ambitious individuals can leverage their outgoing nature alongside an unwavering determination to achieve success on their terms.
What are the Characteristics of Enneagram Type 7 Wing 8?
Enneagram 7w8 is a unique and dynamic personality type that reflects a fusion of the outgoing and pleasure-seeking characteristics of Type 7 (The Enthusiast) and the assertive, power-oriented nature of Type 8 (The Challenger).
One notable feature of the Enneagram 7w8 personality is its penchant for living life to the fullest. These individuals are not only driven by a strong desire to experience new things but also possess an innate ability to quickly adapt to various situations.
As natural-born leaders with infectious enthusiasm and charisma, they often find themselves at the center of attention – inspiring others with their ambitious goals and can-do attitude.
However, it’s crucial for them to not only focus on enjoying life but also cultivate self-awareness for personal growth.
What are Enneagram Type 7w8 Strengths and Weaknesses?
Enneagram Type 7w8 individuals possess a unique blend of qualities that come with their own set of strengths and weaknesses.
The following is an overview of these attributes:
- Enthusiasm and positivity: 7w8 individuals are generally optimistic, which allows them to easily uplift the spirits of others around them.
- Determination and assertiveness: These individuals know what they want and are not afraid to go after it, making them effective leaders who aren’t easily swayed by obstacles.
- Protective nature: Their eight wing lends a level of protectiveness that gives them strong loyalty towards their loved ones and the causes they believe in.
- Proactiveness and intuition: With a keen sense for opportunities, 7w8 personalities make great innovators in both work and personal settings.
- Goal-oriented mindset: This type has a strong focus on achieving success in their chosen endeavors.
- Impulsivity: Due to their constant desire for new experiences, 7w8s can struggle with impatience and impulsiveness which may lead to reckless decision-making.
- Difficulty adhering to routines: As freedom-seeking individuals, they may find it hard to stick to schedules or routines, which could affect their productivity over time.
- Aggressive behavior: If pushed to the edge or feeling threatened, 7w8s might display aggressive tendencies stemming from their dominant eight wing.
- Struggle with mundane tasks: Their innate need for excitement means that they may find day-to-day tasks boring, causing them to neglect essential responsibilities at times.
- Superficiality risk: In an attempt to keep things lighthearted and avoid feelings of vulnerability or pain, Enneagram Type 7w8 individuals might prioritize surface-level interactions over deep connections with others.
Overall, understanding these strengths and weaknesses will enable Enneagram Type 7w8 individuals to harness their unique traits in a constructive manner, allowing them to thrive personally and professionally.
What are the main Personality Traits for Enneagram 7 wing 8?
Enneagram Type 7 wing 8 (7w8) is a unique personality type with many distinctive traits.
Here are some of the key characteristics that define this personality type:
- Enthusiastic and optimistic
- Energetic and adventurous
- Versatile and spontaneous
- Practical and playful
- Charismatic and persuasive
- Driven and proactive
- Assertive and confident
- Impulsive and reckless at times
- Dislike being controlled by schedules or routines
Enneagram 7w8 individuals tend to have a childlike curiosity about the world, always seeking new experiences, ideas, and opportunities for growth. They are natural problem-solvers who find it difficult to stay put in one place or routine for too long.
Despite their impulsive nature, 7w8s often possess excellent intuition that allows them to make quick decisions when necessary, both in their personal and professional lives.
However, they may misapply their talents at times, leading to excessive behavior that risks burning out those around them or failing to recognize the limitations of their energy levels and resources.
What are Type 7w8’s Basic Fear, Core Desire, and Key Motivation?
An overview of Enneagram Type 7w8’s basic fears, desires, and key motivations can be seen in the following table, providing a quick reference for understanding the core of this personality subtype.
- Basic Fear: Being deprived and trapped in emotional pain
- Core Desire: To be satisfied, content, and experience life to the fullest
- Key Motivation: Maintaining freedom, happiness, and avoiding being controlled by external forces
How Rare Are 7w8?
Enneagram Type 7w8 is considered a relatively rare personality type, with approximately 6% of the population falling into this category. While there are fewer individuals who identify as 7w8s compared to other Enneagram types, they still possess unique and valuable qualities that make them stand out.
The combination of a seven’s desire for adventure and an eight’s assertive nature creates a dynamic and resilient individual who can handle almost any challenge thrown their way.
Who are Famous People, Characters, Anime, and Memes that exhibit Enneagram 7w8 Personality?
Enneagram 7w8 individuals combine the enthusiastic, adventurous, and pleasure-seeking traits of Type 7 with the assertive and protective traits of Type 8. Here are examples of famous people, fictional characters, anime characters, and memes that may reflect the Enneagram 7w8 personality traits:
- Richard Branson: The founder of the Virgin Group, Richard Branson’s adventurous spirit and risk-taking in business reflect the 7w8 traits.
- Kate Hudson: As an actress, entrepreneur, and author, Kate Hudson embodies the zest for life and versatile pursuits characteristic of Type 7, along with the assertiveness and strength of Type 8.
- Tony Stark/Iron Man from the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Tony Stark’s charming, playful personality and love for adventure are typical of a 7, while his assertiveness and resourcefulness in tough situations reflect the 8 wings.
- Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother: His flamboyant, fun-loving nature, combined with his assertiveness and sometimes domineering personality, exemplify 7w8 traits.
- Lavi from D.Gray-man: With a lively personality and fighting spirit, Lavi showcases the energetic and adventurous side of a 7 with the assertiveness and power of an 8.
- Anos Voldigoad from The Misfit of Demon King Academy: Anos is very assertive and confident (8) and also has a playful side and a sense of freedom (7).
- “The Most Interesting Man in the World” meme: This meme reflects the adventurous and charming traits of a 7 along with the confidence and assertiveness of an 8.
- “Chuck Norris Facts” meme: Exaggerating the toughness and invincibility of Chuck Norris, this meme captures the assertive nature of an 8 combined with the limitless possibilities embraced by a 7.
Here are two more examples from mixed categories:
- Tyler Durden from Fight Club: His rebellious, charismatic nature combined with a ruthless, assertive side makes him a typical 7w8 character.
- Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean: His love for adventure and freedom is characteristic of a 7, while his cunning and ability to take charge in high-pressure situations reflect traits of an 8.
7w8 vs 7w6: How is Enneagram 7w8s Similar and Different than 8w6s?
Even though share similar traits such as being active, enthusiastic, curious, and adventurous, 7w8s are more focused on their own experiences and less concerned with relationships than their counterparts with a Six wing.
Sevens with a Six-wing tend to be more anxious and indecisive while those with an Eight-wing can be excessive in their pursuit of pleasure.
Furthermore, Enneagram Type 7 Wing 6 personalities are generally more emotionally aware than the less emotionally concerned sevens who lean towards the eight-wing.
As mentioned earlier, Seven’s core desire is to experience everything positive that life has to offer whereas Sixes focuses much on safety and security concerns.
Similarities And Differences
Enneagram Type 7 Wing 8 and Enneagram Type 7 Wing 6 may share similar characteristics, but they have distinct differences as well.
Here are some similarities and differences:
- Both types are highly curious, adventurous, and thrill-seekers.
- They enjoy being around people and new experiences.
- They tend to avoid negative emotions and escape from boredom.
- They can be impulsive and lack self-discipline.
- Type 7w8s are more assertive, confident, and competitive than Type 7w6s.
- 7w8s tend to be realistic while 7w6s have a more imaginative nature.
- Enneagram-type Sevens with an eight-wing can be more dominant in their relationships, while those with a six-wing usually adapt to others’ needs.
- The key motivation for type 7w8 is to experience as much pleasure as possible, while type 7w6’s primary desire is to feel secure.
Overall, the main difference between Enneagram Type Seven wings lies in their level of assertiveness; while Type Seven Wing Six can appear indecisive, worried about outcomes, and generally anxious, the Type Seven Wing Eight is dominant in conversations or decision making because they believe they know what is best for themselves.
How Do I Know If I’m A 7w8 Or A 7w6?
To determine whether you are a 7w8 or a 7w6, it’s essential to understand the key differences between the two subtypes. While both types share several traits, such as being energetic and spontaneous, there are notable distinctions to consider.
Sevens with a Six wing tend to be more relationship-focused and anxious about their future experiences. In contrast, Sevens with an Eight wing prioritize personal experience seeking and can come off as blunt or direct in social situations.
Determining your Enneagram wing can be approached through a combination of insights gained from taking the Enneagram test and self-reflection.
Here are 3 steps you can take to pin down your wing:
- Take the Enneagram Personality Test and determine your Enneatype
- See what other Enneatypes you scored highly in. If your second-highest score was in a neighboring Enneatype, then this could be your wing.
- Lastly, read the descriptions of your Enneatype and the neighboring Enneatypes and determine how well they fit you. For example, if you’re Enneatype 2, how well do Types 1, 2, and 3’s motivations, fears, and desires apply to you?
Ultimately, determining your Enneagram wing can be accomplished through a combination of subjective self-reflection and the insights gained from Enneagram tests.
What is the most accurate Enneagram Wings Test?
The Enneagram Wings Test is a useful tool in determining which of the two subtypes, or “wings”, best describes your personality type. While it’s important to remember that we all have traits from both wings, knowing which one dominates can provide valuable insight into our motivations and behaviors.
What are Enneagram Type 7w8 Relationships like?
Enneagram Type 7w8 individuals tend to be very charismatic and energetic, which makes them great company in relationships. However, they also have a tendency to be impulsive and may struggle with commitment.
When it comes to friendships, they enjoy spending time with like-minded people who share their adventurous spirit.
In terms of communication strategies with other types on the chart, Enneagram Type 2 (The Helper) and Type 9 (The Peacemaker) can make good partners for the assertive and goal-oriented 7w8.
Conflict resolution may prove difficult for Enneagram Type 1 (The Reformer), who values rules and structure over spontaneity.
Are you Looking to Improve your Relationships?
Relation Sage AI will give you personality-based insights and help you improve your communication.
How are Enneagram type 7w8s as friends?
Enneagram 7w8 individuals are known for being strong conversationalists with a wide circle of friends and acquaintances. They are always up for an adventure or trying something new, making them fun and exciting to be around.
Their impulsive nature can also lead to conflicts within friendships when their desire for pleasure clashes with the need for responsibility.
Examples of famous people who exhibit traits common in 7w8s include Will Smith and Tony Robbins, who both have careers as motivational speakers, showcasing their charismatic energy and ability to connect with others.
How are Enneagram type 7w8s in dating?
Enneagram Type 7w8 individuals are known for their high energy and thirst for adventure. This makes them exciting partners to date, as they always have something new and interesting in mind.
However, it’s important to note that Type 7w8s can sometimes struggle with commitment due to their fear of missing out on other experiences.
To make a relationship work with a Type 7w8 partner, it’s essential to communicate openly about expectations and needs. It’s also crucial not to take their occasional restlessness personally but instead support them in pursuing new projects and interests.
What are the Best Communication Strategies between Enneagram 7w8 Personality and the other Enneagram Types?
Enneagram 7w8 individuals can greatly benefit from understanding the best communication strategies when interacting with other Enneagram types. By considering each type’s preferences, challenges, and perspectives, 7w8s can enhance their relationships and effectively collaborate with others.
The following table provides a comprehensive guide for communicating with each Enneagram type.
|Type 1: The Reformer
|Be clear, concise, and logical in your communication. Respect their need for structure and punctuality. Acknowledge their dedication to improvement and avoid being overly critical or dismissive.
|Type 2: The Helper
|Express genuine appreciation for their assistance and support. Acknowledge their feelings and emotions while offering a balanced and realistic perspective. Be open to receiving their help and guidance.
|Type 3: The Achiever
|Recognize and validate their accomplishments and hard work. Be efficient and goal-oriented in your communication. Share your own ambitious goals and aspirations to foster a collaborative environment.
|Type 4: The Individualist
|Accept and validate their emotional experiences. Encourage open and honest dialogue while respecting their need for privacy and solitude. Offer a supportive and empathetic ear while avoiding judgment or criticism.
|Type 5: The Investigator
|Provide clear and concise information. Respect their need for personal space and independence. Engage in intellectually stimulating conversations, and appreciate their expertise and knowledge in various subjects.
|Type 6: The Loyalist
|Be reliable and trustworthy in your communication. Offer reassurance and support during times of uncertainty or anxiety. Acknowledge their concerns and work together to find solutions and resolve conflicts.
|Type 7: The Enthusiast
|Engage in lively, optimistic, and enthusiastic dialogue. Encourage their adventurous spirit and share in their excitement for new experiences. Be open to spontaneous plans and adapt to their fast-paced communication style.
|Type 8: The Challenger
|Be assertive, direct, and transparent in your communication. Respect their need for control and autonomy while asserting your own boundaries and preferences. Collaborate on shared goals and empower one another to achieve success.
|Type 9: The Peacemaker
|Be patient, calm, and gentle in your communication. Encourage their self-expression and allow them to share their thoughts and feelings at their own pace. Make an effort to understand their perspective and validate their emotions without judgment.
How do Enneagram Type 7w8s resolve conflict?
Understanding conflict resolution is crucial for any individual, particularly when it comes to navigating relationships. Enneagram 7w8 individuals tend to have a straightforward and assertive approach to conflict, while still maintaining their charisma and ability to communicate persuasively.
When conflicts arise, it’s important for 7w8s to focus on active listening techniques, empathizing with the other person’s perspective without being dismissive of their own needs or desires.
A willingness to consider alternative viewpoints can aid in better conflict resolution outcomes. Additionally, practicing self-reflection and developing patience can help avoid rash decision-making during high-stress situations.
How Well Do Type 7w8s Set Boundaries?
7w8 individuals are known for their ability to pursue multiple passions and ideas, which can lead to burnout and overwhelm. To prevent this, it is crucial for them to establish clear boundaries in both personal and professional relationships.
For example, a 7w8 who loves attending social events but also needs alone time can set a boundary of limiting themselves to two nights out per week. In the workplace, they may need to communicate clearly with colleagues about their workload capacity and prioritize tasks accordingly.
Enneagram 7w8 Career & Job Possibilities
Enneagram 7w8 individuals are social, energetic, and optimistic people who love adventure and embracing new experiences. They tend to enjoy jobs that allow them to express their creativity and feel free in their work environments.
These types of personalities thrive when working with others as part of a team or as an individual contributor without many restrictions on their responsibilities. Jobs that provide freedom while emphasizing productivity satisfy the inclinations of the dominant personality found in the Enneagram type 7 wing 8.
These self-starters prefer roles where innovation is key since they can build on creative ideas and develop something unique without restriction.
Type sevens with an eight-wing stay motivated by focusing on thoughts when making decisions because it develops confidence before diving into a project.
What are the Best Jobs for Enneagram 7w8?
Enneagram Type 7 wing 8 individuals excel in careers that allow them to explore the world and promote their ideas.
Here are some of the most suitable jobs for this personality type:
- Motivational Speaker: Sevens with an Eight wing are natural motivators, making them excellent public speakers who can inspire others to pursue their dreams.
- Travel Writer: This career allows 7w8s to combine their love of travel with their strong communication skills.
- TV Anchor: With their confidence and charisma, Type 7w8s make great news anchors who can capture the attention of viewers.
- Promoter: Enneagram 7w8s enjoy promoting events and products, making them a good fit for marketing and advertising roles.
- Sales Manager: These positions suit the assertiveness and persuasive nature of sevens with an eight wing.
- Publicist: With their high energy levels, creative thinking, and impressive communication skills, Type 7w8s make great publicists who can promote brands or celebrities effectively.
- Travel Agent: This career allows Enneagram sevens with an eight wing to use their expertise in travel planning while continuing to fuel their wanderlust.
- Bartender: The social nature of this job caters to a seven’s outgoing personality while allowing them to express their creativity through mixology.
- Entrepreneur: A career path that can fulfill all of a seven’s desire for independence, risk-taking, and exploration as well as finding innovative solutions that best reflect their vision and character.
- Event Coordinator – As someone who appreciates excitement, adventure, and new experiences, becoming an event coordinator would be an ideal profession since every day is different from the last.
Looking for Your Dream Job?
Career Compass AI can help you find and get the ideal career based on your Personality and Goals.
For Type 7s, career choices are often driven by their desire for variety and excitement. With the influence of an Eight-wing, however, Type 7w8s bring a more determined and ambitious approach to their career development.
As a result, they tend to gravitate towards roles that allow them to exercise leadership and take charge.
On the other hand, those with a Six-wing (Type 7w6) may have a greater appreciation for structure and stability in their careers while still pursuing opportunities for new experiences.
This makes them well-suited for roles like travel agents or detectives where they can utilize both their organizational skills and sense of adventure.
Personal development is essential for Enneagram 7w8 individuals to reach their full potential. To benefit from being a 7w8, these personality types need to be self-aware and strive towards personal growth continually.
Healthy traits of an Enneagram 7w8 include being proactive, resourceful, and charismatic. However, these personality types can become excessive in their behavior when they find it difficult to sit still or engage in mundane activities.
The key here is balance.
Another important aspect of personal development for Enneagram 7w8s is setting achievable goals regularly.
Overall, developing self-awareness and striving towards balance is crucial for Enneagram 7w8s’ personal growth journey.
How To Benefit From Being A 7w8
As a 7w8, there are many ways to benefit from your personality type. To start, embrace your adventurous spirit and go after new experiences that excite you. Use your confidence and enthusiasm to take on challenges and push yourself out of your comfort zone.
It’s also important for 7w8s to recognize their tendency towards impulsive behavior and work on maintaining self-control in decision-making. Practice setting boundaries with others to avoid over-committing or taking on too much at once.
Healthy Vs. Unhealthy
Healthy Enneagram 7w8 individuals are self-aware and can harness their high energy levels to achieve their goals while maintaining healthy relationships with others. They have an optimistic outlook on life and focus on the positives, but also acknowledge the negatives when necessary.
On the other hand, unhealthy Enneagram 7w8 types may become more impulsive, reckless, and overly confident in themselves. They may struggle to commit to anything for fear of missing out on other opportunities or becoming bored easily.
Their love for novelty can lead them down dangerous paths if left unchecked, causing them to make poor decisions that negatively impact both themselves and those around them.
As you become more aware of your personality, your motivations, and what drives you as a person and its impact on your life, you can intentionally begin developing your personality to reach your full potential.
What are the Levels Of Development for Core Type 7?
The levels of development for Enneagram Type 7w8 individuals can range from healthy to unhealthy development, depending on various factors such as self-awareness, mental health, personal growth, and life experiences.
Here are the levels of development for Type 7:
- Level 1 (At Their Best: Self-fulfilled): Type 7 individuals at this level are joyful, enthusiastic, and adventurous. They embrace life fully, seeking meaningful experiences and sharing their enthusiasm with others. They are imaginative, creative, and have a zest for life.
- Level 2: At this level, Type 7s actively pursue pleasurable experiences and avoid pain or discomfort. They may have a tendency to overindulge in stimulating activities or distractions to maintain a sense of excitement and avoid emotional pain.
- Level 3: Type 7s at this level may become more driven by a fear of missing out on enjoyable experiences. They may constantly seek new and exciting opportunities, hopping from one project or idea to another. They may struggle with committing to long-term plans or facing difficult emotions.
- Level 4: The fear of missing out intensifies at this level, and Type 7s may struggle with restlessness and dissatisfaction. They may constantly seek external stimulation to fill an inner void or distract themselves from negative emotions. They may exhibit impulsive behaviors and have difficulty focusing or completing tasks.
- Level 5 (Average Level): At this level, Type 7s may exhibit a mix of enthusiasm and anxiety. They may juggle multiple projects and commitments to avoid feeling bored or trapped. They may struggle with facing limitations or setbacks and may avoid uncomfortable emotions.
- Level 6: Type 7s at this level may experience a sense of emptiness or a fear of being deprived. They may become more scattered and unfocused, constantly seeking external sources of pleasure and stimulation. They may struggle with commitment and may avoid making necessary choices or confronting difficult situations.
- Level 7: Type 7s may become more reactive and impulsively pursue instant gratification. They may engage in excessive behaviors, seeking pleasure without considering the consequences. They may struggle with addictive tendencies or a constant need for external validation.
- Level 8: At this level, Type 7s may exhibit a sense of entitlement and become demanding of others and their environment. They may have difficulty recognizing or accepting limitations, and pushing themselves and others to maintain a constant state of excitement. They may have a fear of being controlled or restricted.
- Level 9 (At Their Worst: Scattered Epicure): Type 7s may become scattered, restless, and constantly seeking new experiences without finding true satisfaction. They may engage in impulsive and reckless behaviors, avoiding responsibility and becoming disconnected from themselves and others.
Self-Care And Personal Growth Plan
For Enneagram Type 7 wing 8 individuals, self-care and personal growth involve finding a balance between their adventurous spirit and their need for stability.
Journaling is also an effective way for 7w8s to reflect on their experiences and emotions.
To promote personal growth, it’s important for Enneagram Type 7 wing 8 individuals to challenge themselves regularly. This could involve trying new activities or taking calculated risks to expand their comfort zone.
Mindfulness And Meditation Practices
Enneagram Type 7w8s can benefit greatly from incorporating mindfulness and meditation practices into their daily routines to manage stress, cultivate inner peace, and stay focused. Here are some tips:
- Practice Mindful Breathing: Take deep, slow breaths and focus on your breathing while observing any sensations in your body as you inhale and exhale.
- Meditate Twice Daily: Set aside a few minutes twice a day for meditation to calm the mind and reduce anxiety levels.
- Try Guided Visualization: Use guided visualizations to help explore different states of consciousness, like relaxation or creativity.
- Connect with Nature: Spend time outside in nature by walking, hiking, or meditating in natural surroundings to boost overall well-being.
- Keep a Gratitude Journal: Write down three things you’re grateful for each day, no matter how small they may seem.
- Listen to Soothing Music: Play relaxing music or nature sounds books while meditating or doing other calming activities like drawing or yoga.
- Visualize Positive Outcomes: Imagine yourself accomplishing goals and experiencing positive outcomes often to help maintain motivation levels.
By incorporating these mindfulness practices into their daily routine, Enneagram Type 7w8s can gain better insight into themselves, manage stress more effectively, and work towards achieving greater balance in life while maintaining their adventurous spirit.
Personal Goal-Setting And Achievement
Setting goals and achieving them is essential for self-growth and development. As a 7w8, you might struggle with being too impulsive and failing to follow through on your plans. Here are some tips to help set personal goals and accomplish them:
- Start with a clear vision of what you want to achieve.
- Break down your goal into smaller, manageable steps.
- Set specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART) targets.
- Write down your goals and keep track of your progress.
- Celebrate every small achievement along the way.
- Stay focused on your goals despite distractions or setbacks.
- Hold yourself accountable by sharing your goals with someone else or using a goal-tracking app.
Remember that setting goals is not just about achieving an end result but also about the growth and learning that come with the process. By staying committed and persisting through challenges, you can become a more confident, capable, and fulfilled individual as a 7w8 personality type.
Journaling And Self-Reflection
Journaling and self-reflection can be powerful tools for Enneagram Type 7w8 individuals to achieve personal growth and development. Here are some ways to incorporate these practices into your life:
- Set aside a specific time each day to write in a journal, even if it’s just for a few minutes.
- Use prompts or questions to guide your journaling, such as “What am I avoiding in my life?” or “What do I need to let go of?”
- Reflect on your experiences and emotions throughout the day, taking note of any patterns or triggers.
- Practice mindfulness and meditation to help you stay present and aware of your thoughts and feelings.
- Seek guidance from a therapist or coach, who can help you explore deeper issues through journaling and reflection.
By making journaling and self-reflection a regular part of your routine, you can gain greater insight into yourself and learn how to address the challenges that come with being an Enneagram Type 7w8 individual. Remember that personal growth is an ongoing process, and it takes time and effort to cultivate lasting change in your life.
How Compatible Are 7w8s and the Other Enneagram Types?
Understanding the compatibility between Enneatypes gives you insights into your relationship’s dynamics and can be used as a guide for a healthier relationship.
Enneagram Type 7w8 individuals are highly compatible with certain enneagram types due to shared traits and values. For instance, they can make great partners for the assertive and confident type 8s, as well as other sevens, given their similar energy and love for adventure.
Moreover, Enneagram Type 1 reformers who value integrity and strive for perfection can be good friends or romantic partners of a 7w8 since they balance each other’s strengths while complementing each other’s weaknesses.
However, there are some enneagrams such as harmonious Type 9 Peacemakers that may not be an ideal match because of differences in motivation and approach towards life.
Here is an overview of the relationship dynamics between Enneagram 7W8 and the other Enneagram Types.
Compatibility With Type 1: The Reformer
Enneagram Type 7 wing 8 individuals and those who are Type 1: The Reformer, can make a great match. Both types strive for self-improvement, seek new experiences, and have high standards for themselves.
With their driven nature, Reformers can help keep Sevens grounded and focused on achieving their goals while Sevens can bring some excitement and spontaneity into Ones’ lives.
However, it’s important to note that both types may struggle with conflict resolution as they are prone to being stubborn in their beliefs. Examples of this pairing include comedic actor Jim Carrey (7w8) co-starring alongside Jeff Daniels (Type One) in the film Dumb & Dumber.
In summary, while compatibility between Enneagram types can vary based on individual personalities beyond the basic descriptions provided by the system itself – reformers’ conscientiousness combined with sevens’ adventurous spirit create an exciting partnership where each partner has distinct strengths they bring to any relationship they form together.
Compatibility With Type 2: The Helper
Enneagram Type 2, also known as the Helper, is a loving and supportive personality type that values deep connections and meaningful relationships. When it comes to compatibility with Enneagram Type 7w8, there can be a strong attraction due to their shared love of adventure and new experiences.
The two types can complement each other well in terms of energy and enthusiasm for life. However, challenges may arise if the Enneagram Type 2 feels neglected or unimportant in the relationship, as 7w8s can sometimes prioritize their own desires over others’ needs.
It’s worth noting that Enneagram compatibility between Type 2 and other types varies greatly based on individual traits and circumstances.
Compatibility With Type 3: The Achiever
Enneagram Type 3, also known as The Achiever, is highly ambitious and driven in its pursuit of success. They are very goal-oriented and thrive on recognition and approval from others.
Type 7w8 individuals can offer enthusiasm, creativity, and optimism to the relationship while still being tough-minded workers who take action toward their goals. Together, this pairing can create a dynamic duo focused on making big things happen.
Compatibility With Type 4: The Individualist
Enneagram Type 7 Wing 8 individuals (7w8) may find compatibility with Type 4: The Individualist challenging. Enneagram 4 values authenticity and depth in relationships, while 7w8s tend to focus on having fun and staying busy.
However, when they do connect, these two types can complement each other well. Both seek unique experiences and are passionate about their pursuits. For example, a music festival or art exhibit might be a great outing for these two types to enjoy together.
While there may be conflicts that arise due to differences in communication styles or priorities in friendships/relationships between type 4s and 7w8s because of the core desire for different things from social interactions —meaningful connections versus lighthearted moments—these challenges can offer opportunities for personal growth by learning how to respect boundaries set by one another or communicate effectively during arguments.
Compatibility With Type 5: The Investigator
Enneagram Type 7w8 and Type 5, also known as The Investigator, have unique approaches to life that can either complement or clash with each other. While both types are curious and driven by their desire for new experiences, they differ in their methods of achieving them.
Enenagram Type 5 tends to be more introverted and analytical, valuing knowledge over action while Type 7w8 is outgoing, assertive, and enjoys taking risks.
To establish a successful relationship between these two types, understanding is crucial. As a couple or friends, they need to communicate openly about their needs for space versus social interaction so that they can find balance in the relationship.
Some famous people who embody this type of combination include Elon Musk (CEO of Tesla), Steve Jobs (co-founder of Apple), Shonda Rhimes (TV producer), Madonna (singer-songwriter), and Lady Gaga (performer-actress).
Compatibility With Type 6: The Loyalist
Enneagram Type 7 wing 8 (7w8) individuals often find themselves drawn to the trustworthy and reliable nature of Enneagram Type 6 individuals, also known as “The Loyalists”.
Sevens with a six-wing can find comfort in the steady reliability that sixes bring to their friendships and relationships. The committed and dependable nature of Type 6 can also provide stability for Sevens who are seeking a cause or ideology to ground their lives.
However, it’s worth noting that when less healthy, Type 6 individuals may become anxious and dependent.
Compatibility With Type 7: The Enthusiast
Enneagram Type 7w8 and Type 7, also known as “The Enthusiast,” share a love for new experiences, adventure, and excitement.
However, their shared tendency towards impulsivity can sometimes lead to careless decisions or commitments made without proper planning. To maintain a healthy relationship with a Type 7 partner, it’s important for 7w8s to provide stability and grounding while still supporting their partner’s passions and interests.
Compatibility With Type 8: The Challenger
Enneagram Type 7w8 individuals can have a harmonious relationship with Enneagram 8: The Challenger. Both types are driven, and assertive, and enjoy taking charge of their lives to achieve success.
The adventurous nature of Sevens is well-balanced by the self-reliance and confidence of Eights. When working together in a team or partnership, Seven/Eight pairs can make great leaders who inspire others to succeed.
However, if unhealthy traits manifest within either type – such as impulsivity for Sevens or aggression for Eights – it could lead to conflicts between partners.
Compatibility With Type 9: The Peacemaker
Enneagram Type 7 wing 8 and Type 9 may seem like an unlikely pair, but their compatibility can be surprisingly successful. Both types value harmony, peace, and avoiding conflict.
However, while Sevens are more impulsive and thrill-seeking, Nines prioritize stability and calmness.
Enneagram 9’s supportive nature can also balance out any excessive tendencies that some SevenwEights might display. On the other hand, Sevens’ spontaneity and enthusiasm can bring excitement into Nine’s typically relaxed life.
Overall, it takes mutual respect for these two types to work together harmoniously – as long as both partners are willing to compromise and pursue new adventures together.