What Does 4w3 Mean?
The Enneagram Type 4 wing 3 (4w3) is a unique personality type that combines the characteristics of both the Enneagram Type 4, known as “The Individualist,” and a touch of Enneagram Type 3, called “The Achiever”. This blend of characteristics creates individuals who are driven to express their individuality while also striving for success and recognition in various aspects of life.
Enneagram Type 4s are typically introspective, emotional, and focused on authenticity; they crave uniqueness and strive to find their true identity. In contrast, Type 3s are more extroverted and ambitious with a strong desire to achieve success in whatever they pursue.
Being called an image-conscious subtype implies that Enneagram 4w3 personalities are adept at concealing inner turmoil beneath a polished exterior when necessary. They can be more productive than their core type counterparts since ambition from three-wing pushes them towards achieving tangible goals while still staying connected with creative endeavors stemming from their core desire for originality.
What are the Characteristics of Enneagram Type 4 Wing 3?
The Enneagram 4w3 is a unique and complex personality type that combines introspective and artistic characteristics of Type 4 with the ambitious and outgoing characteristics of Type 3.
This creates an individual who possesses an incredible drive for personal success yet often experiences intense emotions as they reflect on their own identity and strive to stand out from others.
When it comes to expressing themselves artistically or pursuing their passions, Enneagram 4w3 individuals have a flair for originality while maintaining a strong desire for external validation.
For example, they might be drawn towards careers in design or fashion where they can showcase their inherent sense of style. As part of this pursuit, however, they may exhibit behaviors like envious tendencies and a need for constant improvement due to their underlying fear of insignificance.
What are Enneagram Type 4w3 Strengths and Weaknesses?
Enneagram 4w3 individuals possess a unique set of strengths and weaknesses that stem from their blend of Type 4 and Type 3 traits.
Here is a list of their primary strengths and weaknesses.
- Creativity: Enneagram 4w3 individuals are highly creative, often finding unique ways to express themselves through art, fashion, or other forms of self-expression.
- Ambition: They are determined and driven to accomplish their goals, despite any obstacles they may face along the way.
- Emotional depth: Their sensitivity allows for greater understanding of their own emotions and the emotions of those around them.
- Adaptability: As a combination of two types, they are skilled at adjusting to different situations while maintaining their sense of self.
- Sociable nature: The influence from the Type 3 wing makes them more outgoing and able to form meaningful connections with others.
- Overthinking: Enneagram 4w3 individuals tend to ruminate on thoughts, feelings, or situations, which can lead to indecision or inaction.
- Sensitivity: While their emotional depth is a strength, it can also make them vulnerable to criticism or perceived rejection.
- Susceptible to envy: As part of the Type 4 traits, they may find themselves comparing their achievements with others’, leading to feelings of envy or inadequacy.
- Validation-seeking: The drive for success can sometimes result in a need for validation from others in order to feel accomplished or worthy.
- Self-absorption: Their focus on exploring emotions and individualism can cause them to become somewhat self-absorbed at times, potentially alienating those around them.
What are the main Personality Traits for Enneagram 4 wing 3?
Enneagram Type 4 wing 3 personalities embody a unique blend of personality traits that make them stand out from the rest.
Here are the top 15 Personality traits commonly associated with this 4w3.
- Creative and visionary
- Success – driven and ambitious
- Outgoing and sociable
- Image – conscious and stylish
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Original and innovative
- Emotionally intense and self – aware
- Idealistic and independent – minded
- Excellent problem solvers with ingenious solutions
- Sensitive to criticism, rejection, or neglect
- Strong desire for validation, recognition, or appreciation
- Strive for authenticity in their lives
- Often feel misunderstood or out of place in social situations
- Tend to exhaust themselves due to emotional intensity and perfectionism
- Inherent sense of style in their aesthetic choices
These traits define the 4w3 personality’s unique identity, making them an intriguing personality type for anyone interested in exploring the intricacies of human nature through the lens of the Enneagram system.
What are Type 4w3’s Core Fear, Basic Desire, and Key Motivation?
Enneagram Type 4w3 individuals are driven by unique motivations and characteristics, as illustrated in the list below which outlines their basic fear, basic desire, and key motivation.
- Basic Fear: Being insignificant or having no impact on the world around them.
- Basic Desire: To find their true selves and their significance, making a lasting impression on others through their creativity and individuality.
- Key Motivation: Seeking recognition and validation from others while striving to stand out and be admired for their unique qualities.
How Rare is Personality Type 4w3?
Enneagram Type 4 Wing 3 (4w3) personalities are relatively rare, making up only about 10-15% of the population. As a subtype of type Four, they already constitute a minority among enneagram types.
However, the combination of wing Three’s ambitious and success-driven traits with Type Four’s introspective and emotionally intense qualities makes 4w3s even rarer.
Despite this rarity, many famous people have been classified as Type 4 Wing Three, including Prince, Angelina Jolie, and Kurt Cobain.
Who are Famous People, Characters, Anime, and Memes that exhibit Enneagram 4w3 Personality?
The Enneagram 4w3 type combines the introspective and individualistic traits of type 4 with the ambitious and success-oriented traits of type 3. Here are famous people, fictional characters, anime characters, and memes that are associated with the Enneagram 4w3 traits:
- Prince: The legendary musician was known for his originality and flamboyant style. He combined a deep sense of artistic identity with a desire for success, reflecting 4w3 characteristics.
- Frida Kahlo: This iconic painter is famous for her deeply emotional and personal art. She merged her introspective and unique artistic style with a certain charisma and ambition, typical of the 4w3 personality.
- Elphaba from Wicked: The ambitious and individualistic witch, portrayed in both book and musical, is driven by a sense of justice and a deep desire for recognition and acceptance, which reflects 4w3 traits.
- Lestat de Lioncourt from The Vampire Chronicles: Lestat is a charismatic and theatrical vampire who is deeply introspective, yet yearns for fame and adoration, echoing the 4w3 personality.
- Yuri Katsuki from Yuri on Ice: Yuri, a figure skater, struggles with self-doubt but is deeply passionate and driven to succeed in his career. His combination of introspection and ambition reflects 4w3 traits.
- Hisoka Morow from Hunter x Hunter: Hisoka is a complex character, driven by a deep desire for strong opponents and showcasing a flamboyant and charismatic personality, representing the 4w3 traits.
- “This Is Fine”: The meme depicting a dog calmly sitting in a burning room can represent a 4w3’s internal struggles with their emotions and identity while trying to maintain a composed exterior.
- “SpongeBob Imagination”: This meme, with SpongeBob making a rainbow with his hands and saying “Imagination”, could symbolize the 4w3’s creative and introspective side, blended with a charismatic flair.
Furthermore, here are two more examples from mixed categories:
- Kylo Ren from Star Wars: Kylo Ren is a conflicted character who is intensely introspective, struggling with his identity, but also ambitious in his quest for power, reflecting the traits of a 4w3.
- Yukino Yukinoshita from My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected: An anime character who displays a strong sense of individualism, often feeling misunderstood, and shows a drive to achieve her goals, embodying the 4w3 personality traits.
4w3 vs 4w5: How is Enneagram 4w3s Similar and Different than 4w5s?
Enneagram Type 4 can have two types of wings, the 4w3 and 4w5. While both types share some characteristics associated with Type Four, their primary difference between 4w3 and 4w5 is that a 4w3 tends to be more extroverted and keen on projecting their talents publicly, whereas a 4w5 is typically more introverted and reserved.
The Enneagram type 4w3 is highly ambitious, success-driven, and image-conscious, often striving to project a unique identity that garners validation from others.
On the other hand, Enneagram type 4w5 personalities tend to be withdrawn from social interactions when compared to their counterparts; they typically crave privacy and introspection into deep thinking about themselves or any subject matter relevant at that moment.
In comparison to 4w3s who might struggle with controlling outbursts when feeling envious or having no validation in life whatsoever, 4w5s usually feel exhausted by the inherent desire for originality forced upon them by society’s expectations.
Similarities And Differences
Both 4w3 and 3w4 have a desire to be viewed as important and well-liked, but there are also notable differences between these two enneagram types:
- Both types have a strong focus on their image and how they are perceived by others.
- They both may experience feelings of envy towards others who they perceive as more successful or accomplished.
- Both types value creativity and self – expression in different ways.
- Enneagram 4w3 uses their 3 wing to appear special and noble like an aristocrat, while Enneagram 3w4 is known for being charismatic and driven to succeed.
- While both types can be competitive, Enneagram 4w3 tends to be more focused on emotional competition, while Enneagram 3w4 is more focused on external achievements.
- Enneagram 4w3 personalities are generally more sociable than other Type 4s, while Enneagram 3w4 may show more introverted tendencies due to the influence of their 4 wing.
How Do I Know If I’m A 4w3 Or An 4w5?
The main difference between 4w3 and 4w5 is that a 4w3 tends to be more extroverted and keen on projecting their talents publicly, whereas a 4w5 is typically more introverted and reserved.
If you’re unsure which one describes you best, taking an Enneagram test can help determine your dominant type as well as your most significant wing. Keep in mind that no online quiz or personality assessment tool can define who you are entirely; it’s essential to read up on both types’ traits and see which one resonates with you the most.
The Best Enneagram Wings Test
Determining your Enneagram wing can be approached through a combination of insights gained from taking the Enneagram test and self-reflection.
While tests can provide initial guidance and suggestions regarding your wing, the ultimate determination often requires personal exploration, introspection, and a deeper understanding of the Enneagram system.
Here are 3 steps you can take to pin down your wing:
- Take the Enneagram Personality Test and determine your Enneatype
- See what other Enneatypes you scored highly in. If your second-highest score was in a neighboring Enneatype, then this could be your wing.
- Lastly, read the descriptions of your Enneatype and the neighboring Enneatypes and determine how well they fit you. For example, if you’re Enneatype 2, how well do Types 1, 2, and 3’s motivations, fears, and desires apply to you?
Ultimately, determining your Enneagram wing can be accomplished through a combination of subjective self-reflection and the insights gained from Enneagram tests.
What are Enneagram Type 4w3 Relationships like?
Enneagram Type 4w3 individuals have a deep need for connection and self-expression in all their relationships. They seek out partners who can appreciate their unique creativity and style, while also offering support and validation.
In friendships, they enjoy engaging with others who share their passions for art, music or other forms of self-expression.
In romantic relationships, Enneagram Type 4w3 individuals tend to be highly sensitive to rejection or abandonment but are also very giving partners when they feel secure in the relationship.
When conflicts arise in any type of relationship, Enneagram Type 4w3 individuals should focus on open communication that allows them to express themselves authentically without turning inward or becoming defensive.
It’s important for them to set clear boundaries around what they need from others without becoming too enmeshed in the emotions of those around them.
How are Enneagram type 4w3s as friends?
Enneagram Type 4 Wing 3 individuals seek deep, meaningful friendships that allow them to express their authentic selves and connect on a creative level. They value loyalty and expect their friends to be there for them in times of need.
While 4w3 personalities may be more outgoing than other Type 4s, they still require alone time to recharge their emotional batteries. Understanding this need for solitude is key in maintaining a healthy friendship with someone who identifies as a 4w3.
How are Enneagram type 4w3s in dating?
Enneagram Type 4 Wing 3 personalities are known for their charming and sociable nature, making them attractive partners. They crave attention and admiration, which can make them vulnerable to seeking validation from their significant other.
In relationships, it’s important for the partner of a 4w3 to appreciate their creativity and enigmatic personality while also setting boundaries to maintain space and avoid becoming overwhelmed by their emotional intensity.
To get insight into your relationship dynamics, chat with RelationSage AI.
What are the Best Communication Strategies between Enneagram 4w3 Personality and the other Enneagram Types?
Understanding and employing effective communication strategies is essential for building strong relationships with various Enneagram types. The table below outlines the communication strategies for Enneagram Type 4w3 when interacting with the other eight Enneagram types.
|1: The Reformer||Be clear, concise, and respectful in your communication. Acknowledge their dedication to principles, and focus on shared values and goals.|
|2: The Helper||Express gratitude for their support and help. Be open about your own needs and feelings, and encourage two-way communication by listening and validating their emotions.|
|3: The Achiever||Focus on common objectives and achievements. Show appreciation for their accomplishments and maintain a balanced mix of personal and professional conversations.|
|4: The Individualist||Engage in open and genuine emotional discussions. Show empathy and understanding for their unique perspective, and celebrate their creativity and individuality.|
|5: The Investigator||Communicate logically and directly. Respect their need for space and independence, and encourage intellectual discussions and the sharing of ideas.|
|6: The Loyalist||Be honest, trustworthy, and reliable in your communication. Offer reassurance and support, and demonstrate your commitment to the relationship.|
|7: The Enthusiast||Engage in lively and positive conversations, while allowing space for emotional depth. Share in their excitement and explore new experiences together.|
|8: The Challenger||Be confident, assertive, and straightforward in your communication. Acknowledge their strength and leadership, and express your own opinions openly and respectfully.|
|9: The Peacemaker||Encourage open sharing of thoughts and feelings, and avoid pressuring them to take action. Validate their perspective, and promote harmony and compromise in your interactions.|
How do you resolve conflicts with Enneagram Type 4w3s?
Understanding how Enneagram Type 4 Wing 3 interacts in conflicts is vital for healthy relationships. Since they value self-expression and authenticity, it’s essential to avoid invalidating their feelings when resolving conflicts.
Instead, focus on finding common ground and understanding the root cause of the issues at hand.
When addressing conflict with a 4w3 individual, try starting with positive affirmations that validate their feelings and drive towards success. For instance, you could commend them for their creativity or congratulate them on an accomplishment before transitioning into areas where a compromise is necessary.
How Well Do Type 4w3s Set Boundaries?
Enneagram 4w3s, value relationships and tend to form deep connections with others which can sometimes lead to difficulties in setting boundaries and asserting themselves when necessary.
Learning how to set healthy boundaries can help 4w3s maintain strong relationships while still prioritizing their own needs and well-being. This could involve saying “no” when feeling overwhelmed or taking time alone for self-care without feeling guilty.
Enneagram 4w3 Career & Job Possibilities
Enneagram Type 4 wing 3 individuals are driven by their strong desire to express themselves creatively and achieve success. As performers, they may enjoy putting on a show and captivating audiences with their artistic abilities.
With an inclination towards aesthetics, Enneagram Type 4w3s may thrive in careers that allow them to express themselves through style and design.
Some may choose to pursue careers in the arts such as painting or writing.
Regardless of their chosen field, it is crucial for these types of individuals to feel a sense of authenticity and uniqueness in their work.
What are the Most Suitable Jobs for Enneagram 4w3?
Enneagram Type 4 wing 3 individuals are often drawn to careers that allow them to express their creativity and individuality.
Here is a list of the most suitable jobs for 4w3 types:
- Performer – Acting, singing, dancing, or any other form of entertainment.
- Motivational Speaker – Influencing and inspiring an audience with their unique perspective.
- Personal Trainer – Helping others achieve their physical goals and staying active.
- Photographer – Capturing life’s beauty and telling powerful stories through images.
- Journalist – Investigating and reporting on current events and human interest stories.
- Music Teacher – Sharing knowledge and passion for music by teaching others how to play an instrument or sing.
- Artist – Drawing, painting, sculpting, or creating other forms of visual art with a unique style.
- Hair Stylist – Creating stylish haircuts that help people express themselves.
To discover your ideal career path, chat Career Compass AI. This is our AI powered bot that can help you discover ideal career fits based on your personality, values, and goals.
Enneagram Type 4 Wing 3 personalities have a unique set of skills and strengths that suit them to certain career paths. Some of the most suitable jobs for Enneagram 4w3 include creative professions like acting, music, photography, art, or design.
They may also excel in roles where they get to showcase their individuality and uniqueness, such as personal training or consulting. The ambition and drive of the 3 wing can lead them toward leadership roles or entrepreneurial ventures as well.
To fully develop their potential in any role they choose, Enneagram 4w3 types should focus on managing their emotions and practicing self-care regularly to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Personal development is a crucial aspect for Enneagram Type 4 Wing 3 individuals as they value self-discovery and growth. To benefit from being a 4w3, it’s essential to develop healthy habits that allow you to channel your creativity in positive ways.
Another key aspect of personal development for 4w3s is goal-setting and achievement. You tend to be productive and success-driven with a strong motivation to pursue excellence, but sometimes struggle with perfectionism and self-doubt.
Lastly, journaling and self-reflection are powerful tools for personal growth as they encourage introspection and self-awareness. Writing down your thoughts and emotions allows you to identify patterns of behavior or thought processes that may need addressing while celebrating moments of clarity or progress along the way.
How To Benefit From Being A 4w3
Enneagram 4w3 personalities can benefit greatly from recognizing and harnessing their creative abilities, combined with their ambitious nature.
It’s also essential for 4w3s to work on developing healthy self-esteem by focusing on the positive qualities they possess, rather than solely on validation from others.
Practicing healthy communication and boundary-setting strategies is critical in achieving lasting relationships with friends and romantic partners.
Overall, Enneagram Type 4 wing 3 individuals have an inherent drive toward success and productivity.
Healthy Vs. Unhealthy
Healthy Enneagram Type 4 wing 3 individuals are self-aware, confident, and have a strong sense of identity. They place value on their uniqueness and creativity while maintaining an appreciation for aesthetics and beauty in the world around them.
On the other hand, unhealthy Enneagram Type 4w3s can be consumed by negative emotions such as envy and self-doubt. They may become overly focused on their image or status, neglecting authenticity in favor of validation from others.
Unhealthy 4w3s tend to withdraw from social interactions when feeling stressed or overwhelmed, leading to further isolation and moodiness.
What are the Levels Of Development for core type 4?
- The Enneagram Institute describes nine levels of development for each Enneagram type, including Type 4. These levels represent the varying psychological health and behaviors exhibited by individuals of that type. Here are the levels of development for Type 4:
- Level 1 (At Their Best: Self-Accepting): Type 4 individuals at this level are highly self-aware, creative, and emotionally honest. They embrace their uniqueness and express themselves authentically. They are compassionate and bring beauty and depth to their own lives and the lives of others.
- Level 2: At this level, Type 4s are sensitive, introspective, and focused on expressing their personal identity. They are driven by a desire for self-expression and strive to create a sense of meaning and purpose in their lives.
- Level 3: Type 4s become more self-conscious and may feel that they are missing something crucial in their lives. They often compare themselves to others and long for a deeper connection or experience that will make them feel complete.
- Level 4: The focus on personal identity intensifies, and Type 4s may become overly self-absorbed and self-conscious. They are highly emotional and may experience mood swings. They seek meaning and may romanticize their own suffering or uniqueness.
- Level 5 (Average Level): At this level, Type 4s struggle with a sense of deficiency and may withdraw emotionally or mentally. They may feel misunderstood or alienated from others and become preoccupied with their own emotional experience.
- Level 6: Type 4s at this level may be prone to self-pity and feel victimized by their own emotions or circumstances. They may become overly dramatic, seeking attention or validation from others to alleviate their sense of emptiness.
- Level 7: Type 4s may struggle with envy and longing for what they perceive others have. They may focus on what is missing in their lives and feel a deep sense of dissatisfaction. They may idealize others’ lives and devalue their own.
- Level 8: At this level, Type 4s may become self-absorbed and temperamental, expressing their emotions and needs in intense and sometimes volatile ways. They may reject others’ attempts to help or support them, feeling that no one truly understands them.
- Level 9 (At Their Worst: Pathologically Self-Involved): Type 4s may become excessively self-indulgent and self-destructive. They may isolate themselves and engage in self-sabotaging behaviors. They may struggle with chronic feelings of emptiness and a pervasive sense of longing.
Self-Care And Personal Growth Plan
Taking care of oneself is essential for anyone, but it can be especially crucial for Enneagram Type 4 wing 3. This personality type tends to put a lot of pressure on themselves to succeed and present their best selves to the world.
Meditation and mindfulness practices can help center an individual’s thoughts and promote emotional well-being. Journaling can provide an outlet for creative expression while helping sort through complicated emotions or experiences.
It’s important to note that self-care isn’t just about individual actions but also involves setting boundaries in relationships and knowing when to prioritize one’s own needs over others’.
Overall, by prioritizing self-care practices that foster emotional well-being and align with personal values while setting healthy boundaries in relationships, Enneagram Type 4 wing 3s can continue to grow into their authentic selves confidently.
Mindfulness And Meditation Practices
Mindfulness and meditation practices can be incredibly beneficial for Enneagram Type 4 wing 3 individuals who may struggle with feelings of insignificance or insecurities related to their emotions.
Practicing mindfulness involves being present in the moment, observing thoughts and emotions without judgment, and cultivating a sense of awareness.
Meditation is another tool that can help calm the mind and regulate emotions for Type 4 wing 3 individuals. Sitting quietly for just a few minutes each day, focusing on breath, can improve overall mental health and well-being by reducing stress levels.
Additionally, journaling can also aid in the development of mindfulness by allowing individuals to reflect on thoughts and feelings without judgment or shame.
Personal Goal-Setting And Achievement
4w3 individuals are naturally driven and ambitious, with a desire to achieve their goals and prove themselves through their accomplishments. Personal goal-setting is an important aspect of this drive for achievement, as it gives them a clear direction towards what they want to accomplish.
However, it’s important for 4w3s to ensure that they balance their career ambitions with personal growth goals. This can involve setting goals related to self-reflection, emotional regulation, or building deeper relationships with loved ones.
By focusing on both personal and professional goals, 4w3 individuals can find greater fulfillment in all aspects of their life.
Journaling And Self-Reflection
Journaling and self-reflection are powerful tools that can help Enneagram 4w3s gain a deeper understanding of their thoughts, emotions, and desires.
By writing down their inner musings and reflections regularly, they can identify patterns in their behavior and thought processes that may be holding them back from reaching their full potential.
To make the most out of journaling, Enneagram 4w3s should set aside time each day to reflect on their experiences and feelings. They can also write down affirmations or goals that align with their core desire for personal identity and achievement.
For example, an Enneagram 4w3 might use journaling as a way to explore different career paths or creative endeavors that align with their values. They could also jot down moments where they felt confident in who they are or experiences where they were able to make an impact on others’ lives.
How Compatible are 4w3 And the Other Enneagram Types?
Enneagram 4w3 personalities are generally quite sociable, outgoing and charming. They possess an inherent sense of style and originality that can make them attractive to many different types of people.
The most compatible Enneagram types with 4w3 are usually those who value authenticity and creativity, but also offer emotional support.
Here is a breakdown of the relationship dynamics between Enneagram 4W3 and the other 9 Enneagram Types.
Compatibility With Type 1: The Reformer
Enneagram Type 4 Wing 3 may find compatibility with Enneagram Type 1, also known as The Reformer. Both types are driven by a desire to be seen as unique and authentic individuals.
If you are a 4w3 in a relationship with a Type 1, it’s important to recognize that their need for order and structure may clash with your desire for spontaneity and self-expression.
Having open communication about these differences can help both parties understand each other better.
Compatibility With Type 2: The Helper
Enneagram Type 4 wing 3 (4w3), the Aristocrat, may have a natural affinity with Enneagram Type 2, the Helper. Both types are highly attuned to emotions and value authenticity in their relationships.
However, conflicts can arise if the Helper feels that they are constantly supporting and giving to the Aristocrat without receiving enough appreciation or recognition in return.
The Aristocrat’s desire for validation and admiration could also come off as self-centered to the Helper.
For example, let’s say an Enneagram 2 is dating an Enneagram 4w3. The Enneagram 2 enjoys providing emotional support and being helpful to their partner; however, they may start feeling frustrated if they feel like they’re not receiving enough attention from their partner in return.
Meanwhile, the Enneagram 4w3 values creative expression and uniqueness.but might struggle with vulnerability or expressing gratitude towards their significant other openly.
Compatibility With Type 3: The Achiever
Enneagram Type 4 wing 3 (4w3) individuals can have a harmonious relationship with the Enneagram Type 3, also known as The Achiever. Both types strive for success and possess an ambitious nature, although their motivations differ greatly.
While the core fear of a Type 4 is being inadequate or insignificant, a Type 3’s fear is failing to achieve their goals.
In relationships, both types may find themselves initially drawn to each other because of their shared desire for success and productivity. However, conflicts may arise if the focus on external validation becomes too overpowering and causes them to neglect important emotional issues that need addressing.
Compatibility With Type 4: The Individualist
When it comes to relationships between two Type 4s, known as “The Individualist,” there can be a sense of mutual understanding and respect. However, conflicts can arise when both parties feel their need for uniqueness or individuality is being threatened.
In terms of compatibility with other types, Type 4s tend to get along well with Types 1, 2, and 6. Type 1’s desire for structure and order provides a good balance for the artistic and free-spirited nature of the Type 4.
Type 2’s supportive nature helps fulfill the emotional needs of the often sensitive and introspective Type 4. And while initially drawn to each other due to their shared intensity and depth, the relationship between a Type 4 and a healthy Six can be stabilizing in times of stress or anxiety.
Compatibility With Type 5: The Investigator
Enneagram Type 4w3s can have a fascinating and intense connection with Enneagram Type 5: The Investigator. Fours admire the depth of emotionality that Fives are not afraid to explore, while Fives respect the uniqueness and creativity of Fours.
However, difficulties may arise as both types tend to withdraw from others during times of stress, leading to potential communication breakdowns. Therefore, it is crucial for these two types to develop healthy communication strategies that foster mutual understanding and empathy.
Compatibility With Type 6: The Loyalist
Enneagram Type 4 wing 3 (4w3) individuals can have a strong connection with Type 6, also known as the Loyalist. Both types prioritize loyalty and commitment in relationships, making them potentially great partners for each other.
Type 6s desire trustworthiness and dependability in their relationships, which aligns well with the authenticity-driven traits of a 4w3 individual.
While both types may have an inclination towards self-doubt and anxiety, they can positively influence each other to overcome these tendencies and support one another through stressful situations.
Compatibility With Type 7: The Enthusiast
Enneagram Type 4 wing 3 (4w3) and Type 7, known as the Enthusiast, may seem like an unlikely match. However, they can complement each other well. Fours can appreciate Sevens’ spontaneity and zest for life while Sevens can bring out the fun-loving side of Fours.
Both types share a love for creativity and self-expression, which makes them great companions in pursuing artistic endeavors or exploring new experiences.
Compatibility With Type 8: The Challenger
Enneagram Type 8, also known as The Challenger, is a strong-willed and assertive personality type. They tend to be direct in their approach and fiercely independent, which can make it challenging for some personalities to connect with them.
In a relationship between Enneagram Type 4w3 and Type 8, both parties may enjoy working together on shared goals while appreciating each other’s individual strengths. However, conflicts may arise when the Type 8’s directness clashes with the Type 4w3’s sensitivity towards criticism or lack of validation.
It’s essential for both types to communicate openly about their needs and feelings while respecting each other’s boundaries.
Compatibility With Type 9: The Peacemaker
Individuals with Enneagram Type 4 wing 3 (4w3) can have warm, harmonious relationships with Type 9: The Peacemaker. Both types are intuitive and empathetic, valuing authenticity and harmony in their connections.
They are also creative and interested in personal growth.
Some famous examples of this compatibility include actor Ryan Gosling (4w3) and actress Eva Mendes (9), who have been together for almost a decade and prioritize privacy as a couple.
Similarly, singer-songwriter Taylor Swift (4w3) has expressed admiration for comedian Ellen DeGeneres (9), whom she considers a role model for her kindness and activism efforts.